Following the implementation of the new Euro IV engine specifications in 2006, Ford Fuels have been supplying the Transport industry with the Adblue additive needed in Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) engines.
In 2012 we supplied over 1.5 million litres of Adblue to the transport industry.
All Trucks and Buses registered after October 2006 must be Euro 4 or EURO 5 compliant and most require Adblue. From January 2011 all new agricultural vehicles fitted with “Stage 111B / TIER 4 interim” engines will also require the use of Adblue. Stage 111B / TIER 4 interim calls for a reduction of particulate matter (PM) by no less than 90% and of Nitrogen Oxides (NOX emission by 50% compared to Stage 111A / TIER 3 levels.
What is Adblue?
Adblue is an operating fluid for use with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) engines and is injected into the vehicle’s exhaust system
Adblue is a high purity, 32.5% urea solution.
It is not explosive or toxic and is classified under the minimum-rick category of transportable fluids.
Adblue is not subject to any tax or duty apart from VAT.
How does Adblue work?
Adblue has its own separate tank attached to the vehicles chassis. The Adblue is sprayed into the exhaust gas flow where it is subsequently hydrolysed before the catalytic converter breaks down the Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) into Nitrogen (N2) and water (H2O).
How much Adblue is required?
The rate of usage of Adblue is approximately 5% by volume to the rate of diesel fuel consumption, therefore approximately 5 litres of Adblue will be used to every 100 litres of fuel.
We supply Adblue in:
- 10 or 18 litre cans – Light, practical and fitted with a flexible spout for easy pouring. Ideal for keeping in the cab on long distance journeys to be used in case of emergencies.
- 210 litre barrel – A convenient way to store Adblue for Operators with limited storage space or who only run a few vehicles that require Adblue.
- 1000 litre IBC* – IBC’s are delivered full and removed when empty. Various dedicated dispensing systems are available, including Electric and Gravity kits.
- Bulk Delivery – We supply a range of specialist Adblue tanks and can arrange delivery via tanker to your storage installation.
- Fuelcards – Adblue is available at selected sites using our Fuelcards, including our own sites at Nunney Catch, near Frome and North Petherton, M5 Junction 24, near Bridgwater.
Subject to a £100 refundable deposit when returned with seals intact.
Full range of Lubricants, Greases & Adblue available
We have our own in-house technical department
We're a Total 'Key Lubricant Distributor'.